Old West Bay Drawbridge
Old drawbridge southern approach span straddles the newer replacement spans and is dwarfed by them.
Photo taken by James McCray
BH Photo #227546
The southern approach remains and has been converted into a pedestrian walkway/fishing pier. The lift section has been removed.
- Bridge over Sr79 / Icww @ West Bay on Sr-79
- Bay County, Florida
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1945, replaced in 1993 with drawbridge section taken out
Length of largest span: 107.0 ft.
Total length: 704.1 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.29440, -85.85809 (decimal degrees)
30°17'40" N, 85°51'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/609811/3351960 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- West Bay
- Inventory numbers
- FDOT 460004 (Florida Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
BH 51665 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/1990)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 48.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1989)
- March 13, 2012: New photos from James McCray
- March 9, 2012: Added by James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com