Old West Bay Drawbridge
Old drawbridge southern approach span straddles the newer replacement spans and is dwarfed by them.
Photo taken by James McCray
The southern approach remains and has been converted into a pedestrian walkway/fishing pier. The lift section has been removed.
- Bridge over Sr79 / Icww @ West Bay on Sr-79
- Bay County, Florida
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1945, replaced in 1993 with drawbridge section taken out
Length of largest span: 107.0 ft.
Total length: 704.1 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.29440, -85.85809 (decimal degrees)
30°17'40" N, 85°51'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/609811/3351960 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- West Bay
- Inventory numbers
- FDOT 460004 (Florida Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
BH 51665 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/1990)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 48.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1989)
- March 13, 2012: New photos from James McCray
- March 9, 2012: Added by James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com