The bridge is located in the Milton Historic District. Although one elevation has been altered, the structure in its entirety appears to be in character with its surrounding environment and is a contributing element in the historic district.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Steel stringer bridge over Broadkill River on Union Street
- Sussex County, Sussex County, Delaware
- Open to traffic
- Built 1916; rehabilitated 1952; Replaced 1993
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 24.9 ft.
Total length: 28.9 ft.
Deck width: 34.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.77858, -75.31101 (decimal degrees)
38°46'43" N, 75°18'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/472985/4292252 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory number
- BH 65145 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 98 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 29, 2014: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER DE-30 - Red Bridge, Spanning Broadkill River at Union Street (State Road No. 5), Milton, Sussex County, DE