Husbands Run Bridge
State Highway Bridge 20 is an exceptional example of a single span concrete encased girder bridge. The combination of masonry substructure and "skyscraper style" embellishment links two concurrent trends in Delaware bridge design of the 1930s.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Slab bridge over Husbands Run on Rockland Road
- Woodbrook, New Castle County, Delaware
- Open to traffic
- Built 1932; rehabilitated 1993
Length of largest span: 25.3 ft.
Total length: 27.6 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.78615, -75.56174 (decimal degrees)
39°47'10" N, 75°33'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/451900/4404172 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Wilmington North
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory number
- BH 65279 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 66.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 4, 2015: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER DE-34 - State Highway Bridge No. 20, Spanning Husband Run at Rockland Road (CR 232), 1.1. miles northwest of intersection of U.S. Route 202 & Rockland Road, Rockland, New Castle County, DE