River Street Bridge
Similar to Brunswick Ave. bridge using 1885 patent struts.
- Lost lenticular through truss bridge over Moosup River on River Street in Moosup
- Moosup, Windham County, Connecticut
- no longer exists.
- Built 1886 by the Berlin Iron Bridge Co.; rehabilitated 1980; replaced 2001
- - Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
- Lenticular through truss
Length of largest span: 101.1 ft.
Total length: 105.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.6 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.71475, -71.87931 (decimal degrees)
41°42'53" N, 71°52'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/260468/4622112 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- CT 04403 (Connecticut bridge number)
CT 4403 (Connecticut bridge number)
BH 38213 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 78.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 2, 2018: New photos from Chester Gehman
- July 2, 2015: Updated by Julie Bowers: Plainfield Public Works confirmed.
- June 13, 2014: Updated by Chester Gehman: Changed status description.
- November 23, 2008: Added by James Baughn
- HAER CT-179 - River Street Bridge, River Street, spanning Moosup River, Plainfield, Windham County, CT
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Julie Bowers - jbowerz1 [at] gmail [dot] com