Connecticut Company - Stafford Springs Bridge
Connecticut Company streetcar bridge crossing over the Willimantic River, with the CV's own crossing located directly below. Likely demolished in the 1930s after the end of trolley service. Piers & abutments remain today.
- Lost Double-intersection Warren through truss bridge over Central Vermont Railway & Willimantic River on Connecticut Company in Stafford Springs
- Stafford Springs, Tolland County, Connecticut
- Removed but not replaced
- Built 1908, likely removed 1930s
- - Central Vermont Railway (CV)
- Connecticut Company (ConnCo)
- Double-intersection Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 153.0 ft.
Total length: 301.0 ft.
- Also called
- Stafford Springs Trolley Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.95436, -72.31310 (decimal degrees)
41°57'16" N, 72°18'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/722690/4648201 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Stafford Springs
- Inventory number
- BH 67847 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 17, 2016: New photos from Luke
- May 31, 2015: Added by Ian Martin