Nipmuck Trail Iron Bridge South
CT 64M 1
Photo taken by Chester Gehman in February 2017
Formerly the Mount Hope Bridge, built by the Berlin Construction Co. in 1901. Trusses relocated here in 1997 by the town of Mansfield and reconstructed as a narrowed pedestrian bridge.
- Warren pony truss with no verticals bridge over Fenton River on Nipmuck Trail/Fenton River Trail
- Mansfield, Tolland County, Connecticut
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1901 by the Berlin Construction Co.; narrowed and relocated 1997
- - Berlin Construction Co. of Berlin, Connecticut
- Warren pony truss with no verticals
Length of largest span: 68.9 ft.
Total length: 69.0 ft.
- Also called
- Mount Hope Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.77731, -72.19469 (decimal degrees)
41°46'38" N, 72°11'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/733148/4628855 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 66432 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 16, 2017: New photos from Chester Gehman
- March 7, 2015: Added by Ian Martin