Nipmuck Trail Iron Bridge South
CT 64M 1
Photo taken by Chester Gehman in February 2017
BH Photo #387222
Formerly the Mount Hope Bridge, built by the Berlin Construction Co. in 1901. Trusses relocated here in 1997 by the town of Mansfield and reconstructed as a narrowed pedestrian bridge.
- Warren pony truss with no verticals bridge over Fenton River on Nipmuck Trail/Fenton River Trail
- Mansfield, Tolland County, Connecticut
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1901 by the Berlin Construction Co.; narrowed and relocated 1997
- - Berlin Construction Co. of Berlin, Connecticut
- Warren pony truss with no verticals
Length of largest span: 68.9 ft.
Total length: 69.0 ft.
- Also called
- Mount Hope Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.77731, -72.19469 (decimal degrees)
41°46'38" N, 72°11'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/733148/4628855 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 66432 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 16, 2017: New photos from Chester Gehman
- March 7, 2015: Added by Ian Martin