Slater Cotton Mill Bridge
CT 08M 1
Photo taken by Chester Gehman July 1983
BH Photo #388072
This single lane wide lenticular crossed the tailrace of the J. and W. Slater's Jewett City Cotton Co. Removed at some time in the later 1980's, the tailrace has been filled in. The mill buildings house several local industries.
- Lost Lenticular pony truss bridge over Mill Tailrace on Access Road; now named Wedgewood Drive
- Jewett City, New London County, Connecticut
- Removed but not replaced
- Built c. 1890; removed late 1980's
- - Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
- Lenticular pony truss
Total length: 30.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.60198, -71.98502 (decimal degrees)
41°36'07" N, 71°59'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/251239/4609890 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Jewett City
- Inventory number
- BH 61562 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 26, 2017: New photo from Chester Gehman
- June 30, 2014: Updated by Chester Gehman: Added categories "Wrought Iron", "Pin-connected"
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com