The steam ferry "Colonial" was built by Palmer at Noank, Ct in 1905 and was struck by lightning and burned at her slip in 1911.
- Lost Ferry across Connecticut River
- Old Lyme, New London County, Connecticut, and Middlesex County, Connecticut
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Established in 1662 and abolished in 1911 when automobile bridge built.
- Ferry crossing
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.31326, -72.34810 (decimal degrees)
41°18'48" N, 72°20'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/721979/4576925 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 80207 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 22, 2018: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com