Air Line State Park Trail - Blackledge River Bridge
Typical of truss bridges at river crossings c. 1907, particularly as constructed by the New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad in its upgrading o the then 40 year old line. Unlike similar bridges, on the line, however, this one includes the remains of the earlier (c. 1870) bridge abutments. These stand inside the 1907 abutments.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Double-intersection Warren deck truss bridge over Blackledge River on Airline state park Trail S
- New London County, Connecticut
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1907, abandoned 1965, converted to trail use early 2000s
- - Boston & New York Air-Line Railroad (B&NY)
- New Haven, Middletown & Willimantic Railroad (NHM&W)
- New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad (NH)
- Double-intersection Warren deck truss
Total length: 108.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 31, 1986
- Also called
- NH - Blackledge River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.58210, -72.42256 (decimal degrees)
41°34'56" N, 72°25'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/714856/4606587 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 86002109 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 60696 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 27, 2014: Updated by Ian Martin: Added NRHP info.
- July 24, 2014: HAER photos posted by Ian Martin
- July 22, 2014: Photo imported by Ian Martin
- April 18, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad", "Railroad"
- April 18, 2014: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "Rail-to-trail", "Airline Railroad", "Riveted"
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- HAER CT-7 - Double Intersection Warren Truss Bridge, Spanning Blackledge River, Colchester, New London County, CT
- Ian Martin
- NRHP Listing