Mill Brook Bridge
From National Register Nomination.
BH Photo #160136
This tiny bridge was distinguished as the oldest stone bridge in the state, with a c. 1790 construction date. This was one of the oldest stone bridges in the country, and as such it was an extremely significant bridge despite its small size. The bridge was bypassed in 1915. After standing the test of time for roughly 220 years, this bridge was destroyed in the record floods of March 2010.
- Lost stone arch bridge over Mill Brook on Blissville Road (Old Alignment)
- New London County, Connecticut
- Destroyed by flooding
- Built ca. 1790; destroyed by flooding on March 30, 2010
- Dry-laid stone deck arch
Span length: 10.0 ft.
Total length: 10.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 8, 1996
- Also called
- Blissview Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.55825, -72.03983 (decimal degrees)
41°33'30" N, 72°02'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/746855/4604963 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numers
- NRHP 96001498 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 44676 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 22, 2016: Photo imported by Dave King
- March 31, 2010: Added by Nathan Holth