Bank Street 1905
Postcard submitted by Chester Gehman
BH Photo #441017
Replaced an "old iron arch bridge" (bowstring?) about ten years old.
It was called the Brooklyn Bridge after the Brooklyn district of Waterbury in which it was located. In 1915 it was repaired, painted, and re-erected on Freight Street, a three-span masonry arch bridge replacing it on Bank Street. The Freight Street bridge was lost in the flood of April 7, 1924.
- Lost Lenticular through truss bridge over Naugatuck River on Bank Street in Waterbury.
- Waterbury, New Haven County, Connecticut
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built before 1890; moved to Freight Street 1915; lost in flood 1924.
- - Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
- Lenticular through truss
Total length: 175.0 ft.
Deck width: 27.0 ft.
- Also called
- Freight Street Bridge
Bank Street Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.54701, -73.04347 (decimal degrees)
41°32'49" N, 73°02'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/663182/4601331 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84041 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 6, 2020: New photo from Art Suckewer
- January 5, 2019: New photos from Chester Gehman
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Art Suckewer - Asuckewer [at] knite [dot] com