Farmington Canal Heritage Trail - Shepard Brook Bridge (North)
Shepard Brook Arch (North)
Eastern side; Sherman Lane above.
Photo taken by Ian Martin in December 2020
BH Photo #487648
Third (from New Haven) and northernmost crossing of Shepard Brook on the former NYNH&H Canal Line, now the Farmington Canal Heritage Trail/East Coast Greenway. Listed as a 9' stone arch on a Conrail track chart. The arch is constructed from brownstone and may date to the construction of the railroad in 1848-49.
- Stone arch bridge over Shepard Brook on Farmington Canal Heritage Trail
- Hamden, New Haven County, Connecticut
- Open to pedestrians only
- - New Haven & Northampton Railroad (NH&N)
- New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad (NH)
- Stone arch
Total length: 9.0 ft.
- Also called
- NH Canal Line Bridge 6.70
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.38943, -72.91534 (decimal degrees)
41°23'22" N, 72°54'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/674292/4584086 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 91672 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 27, 2020: New photo from Ian Martin