Dublin Street Branch Naugatuck River Bridge
Deck plate girder bridge on the former Dublin Street Branch that led to the Scovill Brass plant (now the Brass Mill Center mall). This was originally the mainline of the Meriden, Waterbury & Connecticut River Railroad, though the line was cut as a through route in 1924 after it came under the control of the NYNH&H. This, along with the trestle crossing Railroad Hill Street and the Metro-North Waterbury Branch, is the last surviving piece of an extensive trestle system that carried the MW&CR into the Naugatuck River valley. This particular piece was likely completed in the early 20th century and was one of the only railroad bridges in Waterbury to survive the 1955 floods.
- June 21, 2015: Added by Ian Martin