Washington Avenue Bridge
This is one of only four lenticular trusses in the United States that was built by the Corrugated Metal Company.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Lenticular pony truss bridge over Mad River on Washington Avenue in Waterbury
- Waterbury, New Haven County, Connecticut
- Open to traffic
- Built circa 1880 by Corrugated Metal Co..; rehabilitated 1982
- - Corrugated Metal Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut [also known as Berlin Iron Bridge Co.]
- Lenticular pony truss
Length of largest span: 64.0 ft.
Total length: 69.9 ft.
Deck width: 23.3 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 12, 2001
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.54394, -73.03792 (decimal degrees)
41°32'38" N, 73°02'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/663654/4601001 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- CT 4534 (Connecticut bridge number)
NRHP 01000354 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 36111 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 47.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 14, 2018: New photos from Chester Gehman
- March 22, 2012: HAER photos posted by James Baughn
- March 19, 2011: New Street View added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- HAER CT-18 - Washington Avenue Lenticular Truss Bridge, Spanning Mad River, Waterbury, New Haven County, CT
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com