Depot Street Bridge
Depot Street Bridge - Looking east across Naugatuck River
Photo taken by Ian Martin in August 2014
BH Photo #291603
From NRHP Listing:
The Depot street Bridge (Bridge No. 3788) crosses the Naugatuck River in the town of Beacon Falls. The bridge consists of two Parker through trusses with a maximum span of 207 feet. The bridge itself is approximately 45 feet wide including pedestrian walks on both sides of the structure. The bridge is located on the western end of the town of Beacon Falls and links the commercial section of town found on the east side of the river to an industrial park located on the opposite side of the river. The bridge replaces a steel and wooden bridge that initally crossed the river hi 1892. This bridge was modified from a wooden bridge that was constructed in 1856, itself replacing a wooden bridge located 300 feet downstream, originally built in 1835 and subsequently destroyed during the flood of 1855.
- Through truss bridge over Naugatuck River on Depot Street in Beacon Falls
- New Haven County, Connecticut
- Open to traffic
- Built 1935 by the American Bridge Co.; rehabilitated 1987 and 2011
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 207.0 ft.
Total length: 212.0 ft.
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.1 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 9, 2007
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.44227, -73.06265 (decimal degrees)
41°26'32" N, 73°03'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/661844/4589666 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- CT 3788 (Connecticut bridge number)
NRHP 07000108 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 12165 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 11/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 71.2 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- January 22, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- August 20, 2014: New photo from Ian Martin
- March 19, 2011: Updated by J.P.: updated location