Open for traffic
Photo taken by Douglas Butler in April 2013
Bridge carrying US 1 over the Housatonic River consisting of five open-spandrel concrete arches and a double-leaf arched Pratt deck truss bascule span.
- Bascule bridge over Housatonic River on US 1 in Milford
- Milford, New Haven County, Connecticut, and Fairfield County, Connecticut
- Open to traffic
- Built 1921; rehabilitated 1990
- - Thomas Ellis Brown (Design)
- Bascule Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 183.1 ft.
Total length: 877.0 ft.
Deck width: 47.9 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 29, 2004
- Also called
- Devon Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.20040, -73.11071 (decimal degrees)
41°12'01" N, 73°06'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/658298/4564343 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- CT 327 (Connecticut bridge number)
NRHP 04001093 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 12182 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2012)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 55.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- November 27, 2014: Updated by Ian Martin: Added NRHP info. and corrected design information
- May 15, 2014: New photos from Douglas Butler
- October 7, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Douglas Butler
- Ian Martin
- NRHP Listing