East Haddam Bridge
East Haddam bridge
Photo posted to Wikipedia by user Denimadept
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
View this photo on Wikipedia
BH Photo #228376
A major rehab was done in 1985, with a new steel-grate deck, improvements to the operating machinery, and new guardrails.
- Swing through truss bridge over Connecticut River on CT 82 in East Haddam
- Middlesex County, Connecticut
- Open to traffic
- Built 1913; rehabilitated 1999
- - Alfred P. Boller of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- American Bridge Co. of New York
- Swing Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 326.1 ft.
Total length: 884.9 ft.
Deck width: 24.6 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.3 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.45163, -72.46363 (decimal degrees)
41°27'06" N, 72°27'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/711858/4591999 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Deep River
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- CT 1138 (Connecticut bridge number)
BH 12146 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2015)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 25.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 13, 2018: New photos from Richard Doody
- April 24, 2017: Updated by Chester Gehman: Added builder & design engineer
- June 20, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added categories "Pin-connected", "Riveted"
- September 6, 2015: Photo imported by Dave King
- June 20, 2014: New photo from Chester Gehman
- March 23, 2012: Photo imported by James Baughn
- March 19, 2011: Updated by J.P.: updated location
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Douglas Butler
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Richard Doody