Sharon Station Bridge
CT 27M 1
Photo taken by Chester Gehman in April 2005
BH Photo #368639
Bridge was damaged in 1955 when the Webatuck River flooded. I-beam stringers were installed under the deck when repaired, which now carry the load. Trusses now function only as quadrails.
- Lenticular pony truss bridge over Webatuck Creek on Sharon Station Road
- Sharon, Litchfield County, Connecticut
- Open to traffic
- Built 1885 by the Berlin Iron Bridge Co.; reconstructed in 1956
- - Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
- Wrought iron, pin-connected, 3-panel lenticular pony truss
Length of largest span: 35.1 ft.
Total length: 40.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.3 ft.
- Skew angle
- 33 degrees
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.88444, -73.49361 (decimal degrees)
41°53'04" N, 73°29'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/624982/4638043 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- CT 5191 (Connecticut bridge number)
BH 43227 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 05/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 93.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- October 26, 2016: New photos from Chester Gehman
- May 24, 2016: New photos from Alexander D. Mitchell IV
- May 30, 2014: New photos from Chester Gehman
- March 19, 2011: New Street View added by J.P.
- August 15, 2009: Added by James Baughn
- HAER CT-161 - Sharon Station Road Bridge, Sharon Station Road spanning Webatuck Creek, Sharon, Litchfield County, CT
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Alexander D. Mitchell IV