Frost Bridge Road Bridge (old)
The Frost Bridge Road Bridge is historically significant as an example of a Pratt Through truss bridge, a popular structure type commonly used throughout the northeast.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Naugatuck River on Frost Bridge Road
- Watertown, Litchfield County, Connecticut
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1922, replaced 1988
- - Berlin Construction Co. of Berlin, Connecticut
- Pratt through truss
Span length: 114.6 ft.
Total length: 114.6 ft.
Deck width: 15.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.61558, -73.05807 (decimal degrees)
41°36'56" N, 73°03'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/661794/4608917 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 62015 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 27, 2014: Added by Ian Martin
- Ian Martin
- HAER CT-35 - Frost Bridge Road Bridge, Spanning Naugatuck River, Thomaston, Litchfield County, CT