Romford Road Bridge
CT 10M 1
Photo taken by Chester Gehman September 1983
BH Photo #388073
Steel I-beam support added under bridge sometime before 1983 rendering truss purely ornamental.
- Lenticular pony truss bridge over Bantam River on Romford Road in Washington
- New Preston, Litchfield County, Connecticut
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1888 by the Berlin Iron Bridge Co.; rehabilitated 1998
- - Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
- Lenticular pony truss
Length of largest span: 66.9 ft.
Total length: 68.9 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.67650, -73.29223 (decimal degrees)
41°40'35" N, 73°17'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/642150/4615268 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- New Preston
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numers
- CT 5159 (Connecticut bridge number)
BH 12132 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 74.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 8, 2017: Updated by Chester Gehman: Bridge has been replaced
- April 26, 2017: New photo from Chester Gehman
- June 11, 2014: Updated by Chester Gehman: Added categories "Wrought Iron", "Pin-connected"
- May 30, 2014: Updated by Chester Gehman: Added photo and location.
- October 5, 2013: Updated by Brent Tindall: Adjusted GPS coordinates
- Brent Tindall - bizzat219 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com