Palisado Avenue Bridge (1854) 07-02-24#2x
Replaced a covered Town Lattice truss bridge of 1833 washed away in a flood in May, 1854.
- Lost Howe truss covered bridge over Farmington River on Palisado Avenue in Windsor.
- Windsor, Hartford County, Connecticut
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1854
- Howe through truss
- Also called
- Fenton's Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.85685, -72.63844 (decimal degrees)
41°51'25" N, 72°38'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/696022/4636579 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 91037 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 21, 2022: Updated by Tony Dillon: Corrected truss type in Overview.
- May 21, 2022: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- May 10, 2021: Updated by Chester Gehman: Changed truss type to Howe; added some description.
- October 25, 2020: New photos from Geoff Hubbs
- Geoff Hubbs
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com