Conrail - Center Street Overpass
Center Street Bridge - West Elevation
Photo taken by Ian Martin in June 2015
BH Photo #329482
Only large structure on the ~1 mile long South Manchester Railroad, built to connect the Cheney Co. silk mills to the HP&F mainline. Abandoned by Conrail in the 1980s, may eventually become part of a rail-trail.
- Abandoned pony/through plate girder bridge over Center Street (US 44/US 6) on South Manchester Railroad (abandoned)
- Manchester, Hartford County, Connecticut
- - Conrail (CR)
- New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad (NH)
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 68.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.77280, -72.53043 (decimal degrees)
41°46'22" N, 72°31'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/705256/4627498 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory numbers
- CT 483 (Connecticut bridge number)
BH 62585 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- June 14, 2015: New photo from Ian Martin
- August 19, 2014: New Street View added by Ian Martin