Bridge Street Lenticular Bridge
View northerly. Collins Axe Factory on right
Photo submitted by Chester Gehman
BH Photo #404076
Replaced a wooden covered bridge. Probably erected at same time as "Collinsville Lenticular Bridge." Bridge featured a scenic walkway on both sides. A temporary Bailey bridge was installed until the present concrete bridge was constructed in 1956.
- Lost Lenticular through truss bridge over Farmington River on Bridge Street in Collinsville
- Collinsville, Hartford County, Connecticut
- Destroyed by flooding
- Built 1888; swept away August 19, 1955
- - Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
- Lenticular through truss; two spans. Lenticular pony truss over canal.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.81035, -72.92540 (decimal degrees)
41°48'37" N, 72°55'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/672326/4630800 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 61586 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 2, 2017: New photos from Chester Gehman
- July 2, 2014: Updated by Chester Gehman: Added categories "Wrought Iron", "Pin-connected"
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com