Saugatuck River Bridge
Photo taken by Doug Kerr
BH Photo #178105
Only manually operated swing truss in Connecticut. Rare surviving example of first generation movable iron bridge.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Swing through truss bridge over Saugatuck River on CT 136 in Westport
- Westport, Fairfield County, Connecticut
- Open to traffic
- Built 1884 by the Union Bridge Co.; rehabilitated 1993
- - Union Bridge Co. of Buffalo, New York & Athens, Pennsylvania
- Swing Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 69.9 ft.
Total length: 287.1 ft.
Deck width: 19.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.9 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 12, 1987
- Also called
- William F. Cribari Memorial Bridge (official name)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.12272, -73.36903 (decimal degrees)
41°07'22" N, 73°22'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/636915/4553662 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Sherwood Point
- Inventory numbers
- CT 1349 (Connecticut bridge number)
NRHP 87000126 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 12086 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 11/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 58.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- February 9, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- February 6, 2017: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- December 10, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- February 28, 2015: HAER photos posted by James Baughn
- August 24, 2013: New photo from Douglas Butler
- March 17, 2011: New Street View added by J.P.
- September 22, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Added Pedimented portal bracing to Categories.
- September 19, 2010: New photos from Doug Kerr
- Doug Kerr
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Douglas Butler
- HAER CT-46 - Saugatuck River Bridge, Spanning Saugatuck River at Route 136, Westport, Fairfield County, CT