Four Mile Bridge
Truss was saved when the bridge was replaced in 1989. It was moved to a hill overlooking US 40 between Milner and Steamboat Springs. Coordinates of truss location are: 40.493871, -106.955384.
- Through truss bridge over Elk River on CR 42. Truss moved to hill overlooking US 40 when the bridge was replaced in 1989.
- Routt County, Colorado
- Truss resting on a hill overlooking US 40
- Built 1900-01 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Co.; replaced 1989
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Pin-connected, 7-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 119.0 ft.
Total length: 122.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.49387, -106.95551 (decimal degrees)
40°29'38" N, 106°57'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/334281/4484411 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Cow Creek
- Inventory numbers
- CO 107004200.90045 (Colorado off-system bridge number)
BH 38103 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 23, 2016: Updated by Dave King: Fixed map marker to bridges location
- January 23, 2016: Updated by Kevin Skow: Truss survives! Discovered it while driving through CO sitting on a hill north of US 40
- November 15, 2008: Added by James Baughn
- HAER CO-60 - Four Mile Bridge
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com
- Kevin Skow - weatherbum [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com