Chicago Basin Trail Suspension Bridge
- Wire suspension bridge over Animas River on Chicago Basin Trail
- La Plata County, Colorado
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 2008, replacing a suspension bridge that had become unstable due to age, repeated floods and general deterioration. Thought to be the third bridge at this site.
- - Sahale LLC of Lake Forest Park, Washington
- Wire/cable suspension. Tower Height = 20 feet: Span = 105 feet: Travel Width =5 feet: Deck = Timber: Mainline = 1-1/4 inch galvanized structural strand: Suspender Size = 1/2 inch wire rope: Anchors = Mechanical rock anchors drilled to 12 feet (west); Concrete dead man (east)
Span length: 105.0 ft.
Total length: 105.0 ft.
Deck width: 5.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.63337, -107.69258 (decimal degrees)
37°38'00" N, 107°41'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/262403/4168548 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Snowdon Peak
- Inventory number
- BH 59434 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 31, 2014: Updated by Patrick S. O'Donnell: Added builder, one line history, link to builder's webpage of the bridge, additional design description, span, and deck width dimensions.
- January 29, 2014: New photo from Luke Harden
- January 28, 2014: Added by Luke Harden
- Patrick S. O'Donnell - 1 [dot] 991km [at] comcast [dot] net