Glenwood Springs Viaduct
Scheduled for demoltion starting in early 2015 as a part of CDOT's FASTER Bridge Enterprise program. Costs for the project are estimated to top $59 million.
- Plate girder bridge over Colorado River on CO 82 in Glenwood Springs
- Garfield County, Colorado
- Open to traffic
- Built 1953; rehabilitated 1969
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 676.8 ft.
Deck width: 37.4 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.54778, -107.32444 (decimal degrees)
39°32'52" N, 107°19'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/300273/4380147 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Glenwood Springs
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- CDOT F-07-A (Colorado Dept. of Transportation structure number)
BH 11893 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 43.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 21, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- June 19, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- October 4, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- October 12, 2011: Updated by K. A. Erickson: Bridge is doomed!