UP - Red Hill Tunnel
Photo taken by Glenn Celerier 14 Aug 2020
BH Photo #481462
As of 14 August 2020 the easiest access was via the west portal.
- Tunnel under Hill on Union Pacific Railroad
- Fremont County, Colorado
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- - Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad (DRGW)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
Total length: 508.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.47326, -105.87164 (decimal degrees)
38°28'24" N, 105°52'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/423965/4258686 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 88805 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 13, 2020: Updated by Glenn Celerier: As of 14 August the easiest access was to the west portal.
- April 1, 2020: Added by John Marvig
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Glenn Celerier