Photo taken by Thad Roan of Bridgepix.com
CDOT is planning to demolish this bridge starting in October 2012. As mentioned on their FASTER Bridge Enterprise program project list this will take a year to accomplish and at a cost of roughly $11.5 million.
- Through truss bridge over Colorado River on the I-70 Service Road (Old US 6) at Dotsero
- Eagle County, Colorado
- Open to two-lane traffic
- Built 1934-35
- Riveted, 8-panel Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
Total length: 275.8 ft.
Deck width: 29.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.3 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 15, 2002
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.65008, -107.06312 (decimal degrees)
39°39'00" N, 107°03'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/322990/4390954 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- CDOT F-08-F (Colorado Dept. of Transportation structure number)
NRHP 02001155 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 11839 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 06/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 47.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- October 12, 2011: Updated by K. A. Erickson: Bridge is doomed
- April 19, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- June 23, 2005: Posted photos from Thad Roan