Peaceful Valley Road Bridge
Peaceful Valleu Road Bridge Deck View
Photo taken by Roger Deschner in July 2019
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #452477
This concrete tee beam bridge is on a former alignment of CO 72, now called Peaceful Valley Road (CR 103). This road through the settlement of Peaceful Valley was bypassed by a new alignment of CO 72, with its own new bridge, in 1959. Though this is a rural area, Middle Saint Vrain Creek forms the corporate limit here of the town of Allenspark. There is a US benchmark medallion on the southeast endpost indicating elevation 8290.10', and a county benchmark on the southwest endpost that simply says "10".
This bridge is in an especially scenic area on the Peak-to-Peak Highway.
- Concrete stringer bridge over Middle Saint Vrain Creek on Peaceful Valley Road (current CR 103, former CO 72)
- Allenspark, Boulder County, Colorado
- Open to traffic
- Built 1927; CO 72 bypassed this bridge in 1959
- Concrete tee beam with stone abutments
Length of largest span: 29.2 ft.
Total length: 35.4 ft.
Deck width: 23.3 ft.
- Skew angle
- 22 degrees
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.13609, -105.49207 (decimal degrees)
40°08'10" N, 105°29'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/458080/4442978 (zone/easting/northing)
- 8290 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- CO BC-103-4.0-MSV (Colorado off-system bridge number)
BH 85976 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of January 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 81 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 18, 2019: Updated by Roger Deschner: Added with photos
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com