East St. Louis Bridge Co.
of East St. Louis, Illinois
View Exhibit map
In 1912, the company (which fabricated small bridges) decided it needed a more metropolitan location and chose East St. Louis for a plant site. Land was selected in Washington Park a modern steel fabricating shop was constructed on a 12 acre site along the B&O Railroad tracks. (A 1912 map shows the company located south of the tracks and barely west of Illinois highway.)
After moving, the activities of the company were broadened to include the fabrication of steel for building, many of which were then being constructed with, the comparatively new system of a steel beam and column framework
In 1921, East St. Louis Bridge Co., as it was then known, merged with St. Louis Structural Steel.
Five Mile Lane Bridge
(Floyd County, Indiana)Built ca. 1930Pony truss bridge over Knob Creek on Five Mile LaneReplaced by a new bridge
John Pectol Road Bridge
(Floyd County, Indiana)Built 1915Bedstead pony truss bridge over Big Indian Creek on John Pectol RoadRemoved
Johnson Hill Bridge
(Vermilion County, Illinois)Built 1914Lost Through truss bridge over Middle Fork Vermilion River on a pedestrian trailDemolished
Old Alton Road Bridge
(Oregon County, Missouri)Built 1914Lost through truss bridge over Warm Fork Spring River on the old Thayer-Alton Road near ThayerRemoved Summer 2008 and sold for scrap
(McDonald County, Missouri)Superstructure, 1915Through truss bridge over Big Sugar Creek on Cowan Ridge Road (CR SE-E-58), just southwest of Route E near PowellOpen to pedestrians only
W.J. Landes Bridge
(Carroll County, Indiana)Fabricator, 1914Pony truss bridge over Little Deer Creek on CR 600 EastReplaced by a modern bridge in 2004 and placed in storage for later reuse.