Waldo Road Bridge
Photo taken by Scott Roberts on November 9, 2011
BH Photo #225103
Pin connected Pratt through truss that has been repaired and re-opened to traffic.
- Through truss bridge over Dry Creek on Waldo Road in Spenceville Wildlife Area
- Yuba County, California
- Open and crossed, May 2010, after temporary closure in February 2009 due to deteriorating condition.
- Future prospects
- To be bypassed in 2017. Bridge will be preserved in place and open to pedestrians.
- Built 1901
- Pin-connected, 6-panel Pratt through truss with wood deck.
Length of largest span: 120.1 ft.
Total length: 238.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 11.6 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Spencerville Road Bridge
Cabbage Patch Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.11161, -121.30823 (decimal degrees)
39°06'42" N, 121°18'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/646267/4330524 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Camp Far West
- 255 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 16C-6 (California bridge number)
BH 11764 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 33.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 10, 2016: New photos from Erik Hoffman
- October 12, 2015: Updated by Erik Hoffman: Not doomed.
- June 19, 2013: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now doomed.
- February 9, 2012: New photos from Larry Matthews
- May 23, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: added details and photos
- February 21, 2009: Updated by Larry Matthews
- October 11, 2006: Posted photo from Larry Matthews