Oregon Creek Covered Bridge 05-58-01
Photo taken 1992 by Larry Matthews
BH Photo #101327
The future is bright for this wonderful bridge. It is scheduled for a rehabilitation in 2016. It will be reopened to light motor traffic.
- Covered bridge over Oregon Creek on Alleghany Ridge Road at Oregon Creek Campground
- Yuba County, California
- Closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- A to be rehabbed and reopened in 2016
- Built 1860 by Thomas Freeman, closed 2010
- - Thomas Freeman
- Covered Singular Howe pony truss bridge.
Length of largest span: 77.1 ft.
Total length: 101.1 ft.
Deck width: 11.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 327.8 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 30, 1975
- Also called
- Freeman's Crossing Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.39694, -121.08194 (decimal degrees)
39°23'49" N, 121°04'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/665161/4362582 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 05-58-01 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
NRHP 75000499 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
CA 16C-17 (California bridge number)
BH 11758 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 08/2007)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 19.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1982)
- October 13, 2015: Updated by Erik Hoffman: Fixed design and road name
- October 12, 2015: Updated by Erik Hoffman: To be rehabilitated and reopened to automobiles in 2016!
- October 11, 2015: Updated by Erik Hoffman: Rehab possible soon
- July 3, 2011: New photos from Craig Philpott
- December 4, 2008: New photo from Larry Matthews
- October 16, 2006: Posted photo from Larry Matthews