Scales Road Bridge - USFS
Scales Rd off Quincy La Porte Rd
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in August 2010
BH Photo #173351
There are two roads across Slate Creek referred to as Scales Road. This bridge is on a paved USFS road closed indefinitely on the northern end, whereas the other pony truss & UCEB combo are on a gravel county road a bit upstream.
- Concrete monolithic bridge over Slate Creek on Scales Road
- Yuba County, California, and Plumas County, California
- Bridge is open from South approach, road closed on North approach.
- Future prospects
- Road is listed as "closed indefinitely".
- Concrete monolithic girder with integrated solid pour side rails.
Length of largest span: 80.0 ft.
Total length: 129.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.58660, -121.05818 (decimal degrees)
39°35'12" N, 121°03'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/666754/4383677 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Strawberry Valley
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 16C-23 (California bridge number)
BH 11760 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 53.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 16, 2019: Updated by Daniel: corrected location
- August 22, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Added photos
- February 16, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Added second county, bridge on county line