Timbuctoo Road Bridge 1
Timbuctoo Ravine #1
Looking NE from SW corner
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in February 2010
BH Photo #155744
Steel queen post truss with timber and steel approaches. Large failed section on south side approach roadbed. Closed unknown year.
- Queen post pony truss bridge over Deep Ravine No. 1 on Timbuctoo Road
- Yuba County, California
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1936 removed 2014
- Steel Queen Post Pony truss
Length of largest span: 48.9 ft.
Total length: 108.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.21749, -121.32000 (decimal degrees)
39°13'03" N, 121°19'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/645031/4342256 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 16C-10 (California bridge number)
BH 11762 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2012)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 24.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 8, 2014: Updated by Craig Philpott: updated status, added photo
- February 20, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Added photos and truss design