"I" Street Bridge
I Street Bridge Sacramento
Driving West into portal, railroad deck is below
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in May 2010
Double deck swing bridge with two railroad tracks on lower deck and auto traffic on upper deck.
- Swing bridge over Sacramento River, carries railroad tracks and "I" Street in West Sacramento
- Sacramento, Yolo County, California, and Sacramento County, California
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- New highway bridge to be constructed. Fate of existing historic bridge not certain at this time. Section 106 should apply to this project.
- Built 1911
- - American Bridge Co. of New York (Superstructure)
- John D. Isaacs (Design)
- Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co. of Leavenworth, Kansas (Substructure)
Length of largest span: 194.9 ft.
Total length: 854.0 ft.
Deck width: 30.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.8 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 22, 1982
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.58627, -121.50649 (decimal degrees)
38°35'11" N, 121°30'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/630078/4271923 (zone/easting/northing)
- 38 ft. above sea level
- USGS topographic map
- Sacramento West
- Inventory numbers
- CA 22C-153 (California bridge number)
NRHP 82002233 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 11734 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/2012)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 59.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- June 18, 2013: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated status, NRHP number, and builders.
- September 21, 2012: New photos from Jann Mayer
- August 16, 2011: New photo from Brian Smith
- May 25, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Refined design added photos
- May 1, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: corrected location