Boards Crossing Bridge
Notice the collapsed railing
Photo taken by Erik Hoffman in July 2018
BH Photo #430607
Was bypassed in 1999 by paved road and concrete bridge, but the old dirt alignment remains open, along with the bridge. Also used often by residents of the Boards Crossing community from both sides of the river.
- Warren pony truss bridge with alternating verticals over the North Fork Stanislaus River on Boards Crossing Road (Forest Route 5N75)
- Dorrington, Tuolumne County, California, and Calaveras County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1926, replacing a ford through the river
- Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 101.1 ft.
Total length: 166.0 ft.
Deck width: 10.2 ft.
- Also called
- Old Boards Crossing Bridge
Old Sourgrass Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.30439, -120.23433 (decimal degrees)
38°18'16" N, 120°14'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/741833/4243208 (zone/easting/northing)
- 3925 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic
- Inventory number
- BH 82159 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 58 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 10, 2018: Added by Erik Hoffman