Rating:
No votes cast

South Fork Trinity River Bridge (Pre 1929)

Photos 

The bridge, from the northwest.

American Civil Engineering Record

Enlarge

View photos at Library of Congress

BH Photo #468842

Facts 

Overview
Wire suspension bridge over South Fork of the Trinity River on Redding-Eureka Wagon Road
Location
Trinity County, California, and Humboldt County, California
Status
Demolished in 1929
History
This bridge was built on the wagon road that connected Eureka to Redding and is now known as California State Route 299.
Design
This bridge was a wire/cable suspension bridge with a wooden deck and a wooden stiffening truss. All span lengths and widths are approximate.
Dimensions
Span length: 425.0 ft.
Total length: 425.0 ft.
Deck width: 10.0 ft.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+40.88874, -123.60143   (decimal degrees)
40°53'19" N, 123°36'05" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
10/449333/4526580 (zone/easting/northing)
Inventory number
BH 88758 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Update Log 

  • October 22, 2020: New photo from Doug K
  • March 28, 2020: New photos from Everett Watterson

Sources 

  • Doug K