NWP - Island Mountain Bridge
Island mountain Bridge 1965
Island Mountain Bridge was mostly swept away in the floods of December, 1964. This picture is from 1965, during rebuilding and replacing of much of the original spans and foundations.
California Humboldt Library collection
BH Photo #167847
Warren through truss bridge carrying abandoned railroad
- Warren through truss bridge over Eel River on Northwestern Pacific Railroad
- Trinity County, California
- Closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- Abandoned in place
- Built 1965
- - Morrison-Knudsen Co. of Boise, Idaho
- - Eureka Southern Railroad (EUKA)
- Northwestern Pacific Railroad (NWP)
- Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 200.0 ft.
Total length: 578.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.02988, -123.49334 (decimal degrees)
40°01'48" N, 123°29'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/457907/4431190 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Lake Mountain
- 544 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 45397 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 1, 2017: Updated by Luke: Added builder
- June 20, 2010: New photo from Craig Philpott
- May 27, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott