BNSF - Stanislaus River Bridge
Contextual Oblique View To Southeast Showing Downstream (West) Side Of Bridge In Setting
Photo taken for the Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #224891
The Stanislaus River Bridge, also known as Bridge Number A-1096.719, determined eligible for inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places in 1994, represents a rare extant truss bridge in California's San Joaquin Valley. The bridge has a direct historical link to --and helped facilitate-- improvements to, and expansion of, the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway [hereinafter Santa Fe] in the San Joaquin Valley. These improvements and expansions helped to further break the monopoly long held by the Southern Pacific Railroad, fostering widespread settlement and agricultural development in this Valley in the first two decades of the 20th century.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Stanislaus River on BNSF Railway
- Riverbank, Stanislaus County, California, and San Joaquin County, California
- Built 1905, Truss span replaced with deck girder ca. 1995
- - American Bridge Co. of New York (Fabricator)
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Pin-connected Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 175.0 ft.
Total length: 655.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 22.0 ft.
- Also called
- ATSF- Stanislaus River Bridge
Bridge No. A-1096,719
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.74219, -120.94210 (decimal degrees)
37°44'32" N, 120°56'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/681318/4179204 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 51217 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 6, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway"
- February 6, 2012: Added by Mike Goff
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER CA-161 - Stanislaus River Bridge, Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway at Stanislaus River, Riverbank, Stanislaus County, CA