NWP - Petaluma River Bridge
Petaluma River RR bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott
BH Photo #177545
Warren truss swing bridge with unusual truss configuration that looks to be a mix of Warren truss and Pratt truss diagonal elements.
- Warren through truss bridge over Petaluma River on Northwestern Pacific Railroad
- Black Point-Green Point, Sonoma County, California, and Marin County, California
- Open to low emission locomotives and cars carrying animal feed and lumber up north four to five times a week.
- Built 1911;
- - Northwestern Pacific Railroad (NWP)
- Warren through truss swing bridge with extensive trestle approaches.
Length of largest span: 246.0 ft.
Total length: 1,440.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Also called
- Northwestern Pacific Black Point Swing Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.11240, -122.50074 (decimal degrees)
38°06'45" N, 122°30'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/543766/4218403 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 11 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 46170 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 21, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added categories "Petaluma River", "Riveted"
- August 22, 2013: New photo from Douglas Butler
- September 21, 2012: New photo from Jann Mayer
- November 15, 2011: New Street View added by Daniel Hopkins
- November 14, 2011: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added Construction Date And Updated Status
- September 13, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott