NWP - Haystack's Landing Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott
BH Photo #227883
Steel Warren through truss swing bridge with wood trestle approach on South end.
- Warren through truss bridge over Pataluma River on Railroad (SMART)
- Petaluma, Sonoma County, California
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Future prospects
- Slated for demolition and replacement. Slight possibility that parts of historic bridge may be reused.
- Built 1903; Replaced 2015; last train operated over Sept. 21, 2015
- - Pennsylvania Steel Co. of Steelton, Pennsylvania
- - California Northern Railroad (CFNR)
- Northwestern Pacific Railroad (NWP)
- Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART)
- Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Warren through truss swing bridge.
Span length: 180.0 ft.
Total length: 180.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
- Also called
- McNear Bridge
Haystack Landing Bridge (Old)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.22820, -122.61404 (decimal degrees)
38°13'42" N, 122°36'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/533781/4231205 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Petaluma River
- 12 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 51344 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 21, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Petaluma River"
- June 11, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- March 24, 2015: Updated by Luke: Added category "Pennsylvania Steel Co."
- March 24, 2015: Added by Alexander D. Mitchell IV
- September 10, 2014: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- July 30, 2014: Updated by Luke: Added category "Northwestern Pacific Railroad"
- June 8, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit"
- March 18, 2012: Updated by Craig Philpott: added photos, refined design
- February 21, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- February 19, 2012: Added by Nathan Holth