Freestone Flat Road Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in March 2010
BH Photo #156852
Bridge appears to be a combination of two different designs resulting from unknown retrofits or repairs. Steel stringer west end terminates at steel vertical support transition point to central and east end sections consisting of "double single" "bailey type" prefabricated truss elements with steel grate deck.
- Deck truss bridge over Salmon Creek on Freestone Flat Road in Occidental
- Sonoma County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1955
- Steel stringer west side approach with "Bailey type" prefabricated truss elements on center and east side.
Length of largest span: 63.0 ft.
Total length: 103.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.37889, -122.92278 (decimal degrees)
38°22'44" N, 122°55'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/506744/4247857 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Camp Meeker
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 20C-440 (California bridge number)
BH 11611 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2015)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 43.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 14, 2017: Updated by Fmiser: Moved from category "Bailey" to "Pre-fab, modular steel panel truss"
- June 6, 2010: New Street View added by Craig Philpott
- March 3, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Updated design and added photos