Freestone Flat Road Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in March 2010
Bridge appears to be a combination of two different designs resulting from unknown retrofits or repairs. Steel stringer west end terminates at steel vertical support transition point to central and east end sections consisting of "double single" "bailey type" prefabricated truss elements with steel grate deck.
- Deck truss bridge over Salmon Creek on Freestone Flat Road in Occidental
- Sonoma County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1955
- Steel stringer west side approach with "Bailey type" prefabricated truss elements on center and east side.
Length of largest span: 63.0 ft.
Total length: 103.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.37889, -122.92278 (decimal degrees)
38°22'44" N, 122°55'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/506744/4247857 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Camp Meeker
- Inventory numbers
- CA 20C-440 (California bridge number)
BH 11611 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2011)
- Deck condition rating: Imminent Failure (1 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 34.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- June 6, 2010: New Street View added by Craig Philpott
- March 3, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Updated design and added photos