Blue Nose Bluff
Driving along CA SR96 (Klamath River Highway) there is an abutment that readily appears out of place on the far side of the river. Co-ords: N 41.56783 W 123.53101. Pulling over to investigate reveals its counterpart abutment on the nearside / roadside of the river at co-ords: N 41.56847 W 123.53025. The gap between these two abutments is ~310 feet.
- Lost Through truss bridge over Klamath River
- Siskiyou County, California
- Replaced by a new bridge ~.3 mile upstream
- - Willits and Burr Co.
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 310.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.56811, -123.53054 (decimal degrees)
41°34'05" N, 123°31'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/455766/4601962 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Dillon Mountain
- Inventory number
- BH 72483 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 12, 2016: Added by Patrick S. O'Donnell
- Patrick S. O'Donnell - 1 [dot] 991km [at] comcast [dot] net