Downie River Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in August 2010
BH Photo #172425
Warren subdivided pony truss.
- Pony truss bridge over Downie River on CA 49
- Downieville, Sierra County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1938; rehabilitated 1992
- - Judson Pacific Co. of San Francisco, California (Builder)
- Warren subdivided Pony truss
Length of largest span: 120.1 ft.
Total length: 142.1 ft.
Deck width: 12.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 10, 2012
- Also called
- Downie River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.55991, -120.82789 (decimal degrees)
39°33'36" N, 120°49'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/686603/4381167 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 2885 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 13-5 (California bridge number)
NRHP 12000401 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 11554 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2016)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 38.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 20, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Riveted"
- August 8, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: added builder data and photos
- March 16, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: updated design, corrected GPS data and streetview