I-5 - Pit River Bridge
Pit River Bridge
Photo taken by Michael Goff on February 18, 2008
BH Photo #116299
Double deck, Warren deck truss bridge with vehicles on deck truss level and railroad on through truss level.
- Double deck, deck truss bridge over Shasta Lake (Pit River Arm) on I-5 & Union Pacific Railroad
- Shasta County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1941
- - Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Warren deck truss
Total length: 3,588.1 ft. (0.7 mi.)
Deck width: 70.0 ft.
- Also called
- Bridge Bay Bridge
UP - Pit River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.76256, -122.31881 (decimal degrees)
40°45'45" N, 122°19'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/557494/4512622 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 1084 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- CA 6-21 (California bridge number)
BH 11549 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 26, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added categories "Cantilevered", "Cantilevered truss"
- December 25, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Riveted"
- October 26, 2014: Updated by Luke: Added category "Rail-and-Road"
- July 3, 2011: New photo from Craig Philpott
- June 6, 2011: Updated by Craig Philpott: corrected spelling
- November 13, 2010: New photo from Craig Philpott
- October 31, 2010: New photo from Craig Philpott
- August 27, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: refined details and added photos
- February 2, 2009: Updated by Michael Goff: fixed crossing controversy
- July 1, 2008: Updated by Michael Goff