PGR - Soquel Creek Bridge
Soquel Creek Railroad Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott
BH Photo #192667
Pin connected Pratt deck truss with curved bottom chord. The entire crossing consists of two timber trestle sections and two small girder sections crossing city streets plus the main truss section crossing the water feature.
- Pratt Deck truss bridge over Soquel Creek on Progressive Rail Inc. tracks
- Capitola, Santa Cruz County, California
- Open Railroad only
- - Progressive Rail Inc (PGR)
- Santa Cruz & Monterey Bay Railway (SC&MB)
- Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Pin connected Pratt Deck truss with curved bottom chord
Length of largest span: 140.0 ft.
Total length: 585.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.5 ft.
- Also called
- PGR - Capitola Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.97321, -121.95347 (decimal degrees)
36°58'24" N, 121°57'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/593149/4092411 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 45 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 46748 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 15, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- August 21, 2014: Updated by Luke: Added category "Relocated" based on info from linked PDF
- April 10, 2014: Updated by Alex Lewis: Revised Railroad Name--line operated by Iowa Pacific subsidiary SC&MB.
- September 20, 2012: New photos from Jann Mayer
- January 22, 2011: Updated by Anthony Dillon: added new category for this unique span
- January 22, 2011: Updated by Craig Philpott: added description and photos
- November 6, 2010: New Street View added by Craig Philpott
- October 31, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott