SC&MB - San Lorenzo River Bridge
San Lorenzo River RR Bridge
Pinned bottom connection, riveted top connection.
Photo taken by Craig Philpott
BH Photo #179391
Warren through truss with pin connected bottom connection and riveted top connection. Two primary spans.
- Warren through truss bridge over San Lorenzo River on Union Pacific Railroad
- Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1904
- - Iowa Pacific Holdings (IP)
- Santa Cruz & Monterey Bay Railway (SC&MB)
- Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Warren subdivided through truss with pin connected bottom connection and riveted top connection.
Length of largest span: 120.0 ft.
Total length: 332.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Also called
- SP - San Lorenzo River Bridge
UP - San Lorenzo River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.96582, -122.01280 (decimal degrees)
36°57'57" N, 122°00'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/587877/4091535 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Santa Cruz
- 18 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 46327 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 11, 2019: Updated by Luke: Added build date; Trail to be rerouted onto dedicated footbridge
- April 10, 2014: Updated by Alex Lewis: Revised Railroad Name--line operated by Iowa Pacific subsidiary SC&MB.
- December 7, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added other railroad
- September 29, 2010: New Street View added by Craig Philpott
- September 25, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott