Old US101 Arroyo Hondo Bridge
Concrete arch on pacific coast highway at the Arroyo Hondo. It has been closed to highway traffic since the middle 1980s when it was considered unnecessary and closed to save money. The bridge remains sound and has appeared in commercials. Large steel railway trestle stands next to it.
- Open-spandrel arch bridge over Arroyo Honda Creek on U.S. 101
- Santa Barbara County, California
- Open to pedestrians
- Carried the coast Highway until early 1980's when it was closed to road traffic
- Open spandrel concrete arch bridge.
Total length: 536.0 ft.
- Also called
- Old California Highway 2 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.47408, -120.14102 (decimal degrees)
34°28'27" N, 120°08'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/762583/3818433 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 88 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 44185 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 3, 2018: New Street View added by Luke
- February 5, 2018: New photo from John Bernhisel
- October 31, 2010: New Street View added by Craig Philpott
- February 28, 2010: New photo from Ed Hollowell
- February 20, 2010: Added by Ed Hollowell