Arroyo Grande Swinging Bridge
Photo taken by Jann Mayer in April 2013
BH Photo #252453
This bridge was built in 1995 to replace the original span, which was built in 1875. The original span was damaged when a tree fell on it in a storm in 1995. The modern span uses cables instead of rope.
It is the only swinging bridge in California.
- Wire suspension bridge over Arroyo Grande Creek on Footpath
- Arroyo Grande, San Luis Obispo County, California
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built in 1995 to replace a similar bridge (from 1875) that was damaged in a storm
- Wire/cable suspension
Span length: 171.0 ft.
Total length: 171.0 ft.
Deck width: 3.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.12324, -120.57694 (decimal degrees)
35°07'24" N, 120°34'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/720798/3889397 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 55997 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 1, 2018: New photos from Christopher Finigan
- December 1, 2014: New Street View added by Dallam Oliver-Lee
- April 12, 2013: Added by Jann Mayer
- Jann Mayer - jannmayer [at] gmail [dot] com
- Swinging Bridge - City of Arroyo Grande's website
- Dallam Oliver-Lee - doliverlee [at] gmail [dot] com
- Christopher Finigan